Tip-Off: 6:30 PM CT
Location: Madison Square Garden (New York City, New York)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder pulled off an impressive win in New Orleans Wednesday night, defeating the Pelicans 111-110. The game was further proof that while this team may not have what it takes to beat the league’s top teams, they most definitely can compete, and even defeat, the NBA mid-tier and lower-tier teams.
Tonight, the Thunder continues their long road trip as they take on the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden. Sitting at 5-3 and 5th in the Eastern Conference, the Knicks are off to their best start in years. Many critics had them pegged as one of the worst teams in the league, but they have been extremely competitive thus far.
The Knicks have played a tough schedule so far, and they have picked up some solid wins against Milwaukee, Indiana, and Utah. This will likely be a tough game for the Thunder, but perhaps they can sneak away with another road win.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: George Hill
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Al Horford
- PG: Elfrid Payton
- SG: RJ Barrett
- SF: Reggie Bullock
- PF: Julius Randle
- C: Mitchell Robinson
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (not with team).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is AVAILABLE(concussion protocol).
- Reggie Bullock is PROBABLE (left knee soreness).
- Alec Burks is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Taj Gibson is OUT.
- Kevin Knox II is PROBABLE (left knee soreness).
- Nerlens Noel is QUESTIONABLE (sprained left ankle and left knee soreness)
- Frank Ntilikina is OUT (sprained right knee).
- Obi Toppin is OUT (strained right calf).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 16-6 against the Knicks (9-2 at home, 7-4 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Knicks 6 times, lost it 0 times, and tied it 6 times.
- The Thunder won the season series 1-0 last year (0-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the last 2 meetings with the Knicks at Madison Square Garden.