Tip-Off: 1 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder kicked off the second half of the season on a positive note on Thursday night as they defeated the Dallas Mavericks 116-108, leading pretty much from start to finish. Today, the Thunder hosts the New York Knicks, and OKC will have to do it a little bit short-handed.
Last night, Hamidou Diallo was traded away to the Detroit Pistons, and while Darius Bazley remains on the injury report with a left shoulder contusion, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has been added to it as well with a left quad contusion.
Still, the Thunder has proven time and time again this season that it doesn’t really matter who gets on the court, they’re going to compete. The Knicks are favored in this one, but don’t count the hometown squad out.
- PG: Théo Maledon
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Kenrich Williams
- PF: Aleksej Pokusevski
- C: Al Horford
- PG: Elfrid Payton
- SG: RJ Barrett
- SF: Reggie Bullock
- PF: Julius Randle
- C: Nerlens Noel
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (not with team).
- Darius Bazley is OUT (left shoulder contusion).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (left quad contusion).
- Josh Hall is OUT (sore left knee).
- George Hill is OUT (right thumb surgery).
- Elfrid Payton is QUESTIONABLE (strained right hamstring).
- Austin Rivers is OUT (personal reasons).
- Mitchell Robinson is OUT (right hand surgery).
- Derrick Rose is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 17-6 against the Knicks (9-2 at home, 8-4 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Knicks 6 times, lost it 0 times, and tied it 6 times.
- The Thunder won the season series against the Knicks 1-0 last year (0-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Knicks so far this season (0-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the last 3 meetings against the Knicks at Chesapeake Energy Arena.