Kickoff: 11:00 AM CT
Location: Boone Pickens Stadium (Stillwater, OK)
Radio: Cowboy Radio Network
Twitter: Follow @HeartlandPokes for live-tweets during the game
The Cowboy football team had a rough opening weekend, but today is a new day, quarterback Spencer Sanders is back in the saddle, and Oklahoma State is all set to kickoff early today. The Cowboys are nearly two-touchdown favorites over the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, but unless Oklahoma State can get the run game moving, it might be a lot closer than we’d like.
An Oklahoma State Win Today Would…
- Mark its ninth straight over Tulsa and its 13th win in the past 15 meetings with TU.
- Make it 44-27-5 all-time vs. Tulsa and 28-6-3 all-time vs. TU in Stillwater.
- Give it 23 straight wins vs. Tulsa in Stillwater, a streak that began in 1953.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record vs. teams in the American Athletic Conference to 7-2.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record vs. non-Power Five opponents to 38-4.
- Make it 17-1 in its past 18 non-conference games and 39-6 in its past 45 non-conference games.
- Improve Mike Gundy’s record in non-conference games to 56-12.
- Improve it to 43-18 in its past 61 games and 57-24 in its past 81 games.
- Make it 76-16 in its past 92 games vs. opponents outside of the AP Top 25, dating back to 2010
Notable Streaks and Trends Entering the Game
- Malcolm Rodriguez has recorded at least eight tackles in six straight games.
- OSU has won 74 consecutive games when holding its opponent to fewer than 20 points, dating back to Sept. 13, 2003 – the longest active stretch of time in the FBS and longest since at least 1980.
- OSU is 27-10 in its past 37 games decided by fewer than 10 points.
- OSU is 32-5 in its past 37 games when leading at halftime, dating back to Sept. 17, 2016.
- Dating back to 2005, OSU is 41-3 when not committing a turnover.
- Dating back to 2008, OSU is 64-8 when winning the turnover battle.
- OSU has won three of its past four overtime games.
- OSU has forced a total of 12 turnovers in its past five games.
- OSU has held its opponent to less than a 50 percent third down conversion rate in 12 straight games
Staff Score Predictions