Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The 2021 NBA Preseason is basically at the halfway mark, and so far, it hasn’t been good for the Oklahoma City Thunder. Two blowout losses that were never really close is probably a precursor to what the regular season is going to hold.
While another season of tanking is likely what fans should expect, that doesn’t mean there is nothing to look forward to. Despite the ugly losses, there have been plenty of bright moments, and once the regular season gets going, it will be the same.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the first of a back-to-back matchup with the Denver Nuggets. The Nuggets are also winless during the preseason at 0-3, but each loss has been by a single possession, by just a combined 5 points. I wouldn’t hope for a win from Oklahoma City tonight or tomorrow when the teams meet again at the BOK Center in Tulsa, but one thing we can always hope for is some highlights from the young guys.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Monte Morris
- SG: PJ Dozier
- SF: Michael Porter Jr.
- PF: Aaron Gordon
- C: Nikola Jokić
- Mamadi Diakite is OUT (left hip injury)
- Vit Krejci is OUT (personal reasons).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (sprained right great toe).
- Jamal Murray is OUT (right ACL surgery).
*Head-to-head records are from regular season and playoffs matchups only*
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 22-27 against the Nuggets (15-11 at home, 7-16 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series with the Nuggets 6 times and lost it 7 times.
- The Thunder went 0-3 (0-1 at home, 0-2 on the road) against the Nuggets last season.
- The Thunder has lost 12 of the last 14 matchups against the Nuggets.