Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder moved to 0-2 on Friday after a blowout loss in Houston to the Rockets. The 124-91 defeat was even worse than the 21-point loss to the Utah Jazz on opening night, and if you’re not yet convinced that the Thunder is tanking again, then perhaps the upcoming schedule will convince you.
Tonight the Thunder takes on the Philadelphia 76ers in the regular season home opener, and when you take a look at the schedule for the next couple of weeks (Warriors twice, Lakers twice, Clippers once), this may be OKC’s best shot at a win. The Sixers are still missing Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid isn’t entirely healthy, and miraculously, the Thunder is just a 7.5-point underdog.
You will hear this often during the season, but the way the Thunder wins this year is by continuing to develop the youth on the team. Through two games, there have been plenty of mistakes with little to really get excited about, but once these guys get some more time on the court together, they should be playing at a more competitive level. Thunder fans shouldn’t expect very many wins, but what they should expect is some of the league’s youngest talent doing their very best to get better every single night.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Tyrese Maxey
- SG: Seth Curry
- SF: Danny Green
- PF: Tobias Harris
- C: Joel Embiid
- No injuries.
- Andre Drummond is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Joel Embiid is QUESTIONABLE (right knee soreness).
- Shake Milton is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Grant Riller is OUT (right knee injury recovery).
- Ben Simmons is OUT (personal reasons).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-5 against the Sixers (10-2 at home, 10-3 on the road).
- In 12 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Sixers 9 times, tied it 3 times, and lost it once.
- The Thunder lost the season series with the 76ers a year ago 0-2 (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).