Tip-Off: 9:30 PM CT
Location: Staples Center (Los Angeles, California)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
It’s been just eight days since the Oklahoma City Thunder rallied from a 26-point deficit in the first half to defeat the Los Angeles Lakers. Since then, the two teams have traveled very different paths.
In the last week, the Thunder has played just two games, both losses, while the Lakers have won three straight. OKC still isn’t exactly concerned with winning, despite the fact that they played especially well against the Clippers on Monday night, but the Lakers are working through their issues, particularly due to injury, while trying to establish some chemistry.
A lot of questions around tonight’s injury report remain for both teams, and it’s hard to tell who exactly is going to play at this point. It makes sense that the Lakers will want to get a win against the Thunder, especially after blowing the matchup last week, but at the same time, LA could rest some guys because it’s Oklahoma City, after all. Regardless, this is the last game of a 3-game West Coast road trip for the Thunder, so it would be nice to see them grab their first road win of the season before heading home to take on the San Antonio Spurs on Sunday.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Derrick Favors
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Avery Bradley
- SF: Kent Bazemore
- PF: Lebron James
- C: Anthony Davis
- Gabriel Deck is QUESTIONABLE (left heel contusion).
- Luguentz Dort is QUESTIONABLE (right shoulder contusion).
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Mike Muscala is OUT (rest).
- Paul Watson is OUT (G League – two-way).
- Aaron Wiggins is OUT (G League – two-way).
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (right ankle injury recovery).
- Anthony Davis is PROBABLE (left ankle soreness).
- Sekou Doumbouya is OUT (G League – two-way).
- Wayne Ellington is PROBABLE (strained left hamstring).
- Talen Horton-Tucker is OUT (right thumb injury recovery).
- Dwight Howard is QUESTIONABLE (neck stiffness).
- Lebron James is QUESTIONABLE (right ankle soreness).
- Kendrick Nunn is OUT (right knee bone bruise).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 25-21 against the Lakers (14-9 at home, 11-12 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Lakers 7 times, lost 5 times, and tied once.
- The Thunder went 0-3 (0-1 at home, 0-2 on the road) against the Lakers last season.
- The last two meetings between the Thunder and the Lakers in Los Angeles were overtime games.