Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder appears to be back on the tanking train. Losers of the last 4 after dropping a close one on Wednesday night to the Utah Jazz, the Thunder will be without Shai Gilgeous-Alexander again tonight as they host the Washington Wizards, who are also in a bit of a slide.
After starting the season 10-3, the Wizards have now lost 4 of the last 5, including a 25-point blowout to the New Orleans Pelicans (4-15) on Wednesday. I’m not saying the Thunder has a good shot at a win tonight, but they definitely should be able to keep this a close one, even without SGA.
After tonight, the Thunder has just one home game for the next two weeks, so hopefully they can put on a show for the crowd. Rookie Josh Giddey became just the third teenager in NBA history to reach 100 assists and 100 rebounds in the first 20 games of their career. With Shai out, Giddey will have another opportunity to run the offense and be a bit more ball-dominant, so be ready for some highlights.
- PG: Josh Giddey
- SG: Aaron Wiggins
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Spencer Dinwiddie
- SG: Bradley Beal
- SF: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- PF: Kyle Kuzma
- C: Daniel Gafford
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Joel Ayayi is OUT (G League – Two-Way).
- Thomas Bryant is OUT (left ACL injury recovery).
- Rui Hachimura is OUT (not with team).
- Isaiah Todd is OUT (G League – On Assignment).
- Cassius Winston is OUT (G League – Two-Way).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 15-10 against the Wizards (10-3 at home, 5-7 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Wizards 4 times, lost it twice, and tied 7 times.
- The Thunder lost the season series 0-2 against the Wizards last season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).