Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: FedEx Forum (Memphis, Tennessee)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder is currently tied for the league’s longest losing streak at 7, and it doesn’t look like a win will be coming tonight either. OKC is a double-digit underdog as they take on the Memphis Grizzlies (11-10) on the road, but you never know what this young squad might be able to pull out.
Unfortunately, the once empty injury list for the Thunder is fairly full. Notably missing from tonight’s starting lineup is Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, who is in concussion protocol after being on the receiving end of a hard foul last night at home against the Houston Rockets. Josh Giddey will also miss his second straight game due to a non-COVID illness.
On the opposing side of things, Ja Morant is out for the Grizzlies with a sprained ankle. It’s unfortunate that both teams will be missing their star point guards, but it will be nice to see Steven Adams once again, even if he is on the other team.
- PG: Ty Jerome
- SG: Tre Mann
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Tyus Jones
- SG: Desmond Bane
- SF: Dillon Brooks
- PF: Jaren Jackson
- C: Steven Adams
- Derrick Favors is OUT (non-COVID illness).
- John Giddey is OUT (non-COVID illness).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (concussion protocol).
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League — On Assignment).
- Theo Maledon is OUT (G League — On Assignment).
- Aaron Wiggins is OUT (G League — Two-Way).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Kyle Anderson is OUT (back soreness).
- Sam Merrill is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Ja Morant is OUT ( sprained left ankle).
- Yves Pons is OUT (G League — Two-Way).
- Ziaire Williams is OUT (left knee soreness).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 27-19 against the Grizzlies (17-7 at home, 10-12 on the road) in the regular season and 9-10 in the playoffs (6-5 at home, 3-5 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Grizzlies 8 times and lost it 4 times.
- The Thunder went 1-2 against the Grizzlies last season (1-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).