Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Capital One Arena (Washington, D.C.)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder got off to an ugly start on Sunday against the Denver Nuggets before rallying to make it a close game. It’s going to take some of that resilience to survive the upcoming schedule as the Thunder play 5 of their next 6 games on the road, starting with tonight’s game against the Washington Wizards.
The Wizards started the season on fire, winning 10 of their first 13 games, but since then, they’ve fallen to a mediocre 20-20 record. Losers of 12 of their last 18, Washington has gotten off track, but they’re still in the running for a playoff spot with plenty of time to gain traction.
Bradley Beal is averaging 24.0 points, 6.4 assists, and 4.7 rebounds, but in the Thunder’s first meeting with Washington, he managed 20 points, 6 assists, and 4 rebounds. Meanwhile, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has been in a bit of a shooting slump lately. In the last 7 games, Shai is shooting just 33% from the field and 20.8% from downtown. Whoever has the better performance between these two will likely lead his team to a victory.
Bradley Beal has re-entered health and safety protocols, meaning he is out for tonight’s matchup, according to Shams Charania.
That’s a big game-changer for the Thunder, and the matchup should be a lot more interesting.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- C: Derrick Favors
- PG: Spencer Dinwiddie
- SG: Corey Kispert
- SF: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
- PF: Kyle Kuzma
- C: Daniel Gafford
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Isaiah Roby is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Joel Ayayi is OUT (G League – Two-Way).
- Bradley Beal is OUT (health and safety protocol).
- Thomas Bryant is OUT (left ACL injury recovery).
- Anthony Gill is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Isaiah Todd is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Tremont Waters is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Cassius Winston is OUT (G League – Two-Way).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 15-11 against the Wizards (10-4 at home, 5-7 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Wizards 4 times, lost it twice, and tied 7 times.
- The Thunder lost the season series 0-2 against the Wizards last season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Wizards so far this season (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road).