Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder’s season is nearly over, and the countdown continues as the Thunder hosts the Detroit Pistons in what could be a tank matchup to remember. The Thunder is currently fourth in the draft standings, with Orlando and Houston tied for the top spot and the Pistons just 1.5 games ahead of OKC. After Detroit’s win last night against the Philadelphia 76ers, the race to last place just got a little bit more interesting.
Detroit has had an injury-riddled season that definitely cost them some games. Couple those issues with the youth of a rebuilding squad, and the Pistons have found themselves in the tanking group of the NBA. The Thunder beat the Pistons in the first meeting between these two teams back in December, but OKC was much healthier back then, and it’s pretty obvious that the Thunder will likely do whatever they can realistically do to lose tonight’s game.
Losing is rarely fun, but this should still be a competitive game, and former Oklahoma State standout Cade Cunningham will also be making his return to Oklahoma. Regardless of the outcome, just remember to keep the longterm goal in mind. Losing sucks, but this, too, shall come to an end.
- PG: Theo Maledon
- SG: Vit Krejci
- SF: Aaron Wiggins
- PF: Aleksej Pokusevski
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Killian Hayes
- SG: Cade Cunningham
- SF: Saddiq Bey
- PF: Isaiah Livers
- C: Isaiah Stewart
- Darius Bazley is OUT (sprained right knee).
- Luguentz Dort is OUT (left shoulder surgery).
- Derrick Favors is OUT (lower back soreness).
- Josh Giddey is OUT (right hip soreness).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (right ankle soreness).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (sports hernia surgery).
- Tre Mann is OUT (strained right hamstring).
- Mike Muscala is OUT (right ankle soreness).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (sprained left knee).
- Marvin Bagley III is OUT (strained left hip).
- Hamidou Diallo is OUT (avulsion fracture in left finger).
- Luka Garza is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Jerami Grant is OUT (strained left calf).
- Cory Joseph is OUT (strained right lumbar spine).
- Kelly Olynyk is OUT (rest).
- Chris Smith is OUT (left knee surgery).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 19-7 against the Pistons (10-2 at home, 9-5 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Pistons 7 times, lost it 1 time, and tied it 5 times.
- The Thunder went 0-2 against the Pistons last season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Pistons so far this season (0-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).