The Oklahoma City Thunder is not even a week into the regular season yet, but they have already been bitten by the injury bug. Jalen Williams exited the season opener early after taking an elbow to the eye, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander missed last game due to a hip contusion, and Josh Giddey left in the third quarter of Sunday’s home opener with a sprained ankle. At 0-3, the Thunder has lost as many players as they have games.
Tonight the Thunder hosts the Los Angeles Clippers, who are 2-1 after dropping 112-95 decision to the Phoenix Suns on Sunday. The Clippers are missing Paul George due to an illness, but Kawhi Leonard is back playing basketball after missing all of last season with a torn ACL. Leonard has come off the bench for each game so far as the Clippers are managing his minutes until he’s back to full form, but he may start tonight with Paul George out.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Tre Mann
- SG: Aaron Wiggins
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Kenrich Williams
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Reggie Jackson
- SG: Norman Powell
- SF: Kawhi Leonard
- PF: Nicolas Batum
- C: Ivica Zubac
- Josh Giddey is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (left hip contusion).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Jalen Williams is OUT (right orbital fracture surgery).
- Moussa Diabate is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Paul George is OUT (illness; non-covid).
- Marcus Morris Sr. is OUT (personal reasons).
- Jason Preston is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 25-25 against the Clippers (16-8 at home, 9-17 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Clippers 4 times, tied 4 times, and lost 6 times.
- The Thunder went 1-2 against the Clippers last season (1-0 at home, 0-2 on the road).