After trailing by 19 at halftime against the Spurs on Wednesday night, the Oklahoma City Thunder managed to rally a comeback for a 119-111 victory, which is particularly impressive considering OKC was without Shai Gilgeous-Alexander. The Thunder may be without SGA again tonight as they travel to Minneapolis to take on the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are without Karl Anthony-Towns.
The Thunder and T-wolves have met twice this season, once in each location, and both games going to Minnesota. Both of those meetings were close matchups, and this one will be interesting considering the injuries that both teams are dealing with. If Shai is able to go for OKC, the Thunder will have a better chance at victory, obviously, but with Karl Anthony-Towns out for the Wolves, OKC’s defensive strategy becomes a little easier, perhaps.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Target Center (Minneapolis, Minnesota)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Aleksej Pokusevski
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: D’Angelo Russell
- SG: Anthony Edwards
- SF: Jaden McDaniels
- PF: Kyle Anderson
- C: Rudy Gobert
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is QUESTIONABLE (left hip contusion).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Mike Muscala is QUESTIONABLE (fractured left pinky).
- Lindy Waters III is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Jordan McLaughlin is QUESTIONABLE (strained left calf).
- Taurean Prince is OUT (right shoulder sublaxation).
- Karl Anthony-Towns is OUT (strained right calf).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 35-20 against the Timberwolves (18-9 at home, 17-11 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the 4-game regular season series against the Timberwolves 9 times, lost it twice, and tied it twice.
- The Thunder went 0-4 against the Timberwolves last season (0-2 at home, 0-2 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-2 against the Timberwolves so far this season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).