The Oklahoma City Thunder picked up their second win in a row on Saturday as they defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves 135-128. The Thunder continue their road trip with a stop on Monday night in Atlanta as they take on the Trae Young, Dejounte Murray, and the Hawks.
Just a couple of seasons ago, the Hawks were in the Eastern Conference Finals against the Milwaukee Bucks, but they haven’t found that same success since then. Currently at 13-10, Atlanta is 4th in the East, and they have won their last 2. They are currently missing John Collins, who is an integral part of what they do, particularly on the defensive end, so the Thunder will look to take advantage of any extra opportunities that might come up as a result of his absence.
Tip-Off: 6:30 PM CT
Location: State Farm Arena (Atlanta, Georgia)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
Game Notes: Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes, Atlanta Hawks Official Game Notes
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Aleksej Pokusevski
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG:Trey Young
- SG: Dejounte Murray
- SF: AJ Griffin
- PF: Jarrett Culver
- C: Clint Capela
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Lindy Waters III is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (sprained right knee).
- John Collins is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Trent Forrest is OUT (concussion protocol).
- Justin Holiday is OUT (health and safety protocol).
- De’Andre Hunter is OUT (strained right hip flexor).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 15-11 against the Hawks (9-4 at home, 6-7 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Hawks 5 times, lost it 3 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder lost the season series with the Hawks 0-2 last year (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).