Happy New Year’s Eve! The Oklahoma City Thunder are all set to end 2022 on a high note as they host the Philadelphia 76ers in a tradition as old as…well…the Thunder franchise. The Thunder has played at home on New Year’s Eve every season since coming to OKC, going 11-3 in such games. Tonight’s matchup is perhaps their toughest NYE game to date.
The Sixers are 20-14 and fifth in the Eastern Conference standings, but they are currently on a two-game losing streak. OKC has won 4 of their last 6, which counts as one of their best stretches of the season. The Sixers are coming to OKC straight from New Orleans after suffering a 127-116 loss. OKC will have their hands full in trying to slow down Joel Embiid, which will be especially tough considering the lack of big men the Thunder has available due to injuries.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Mike Muscala
- PG: James Harden
- SG: De’Anthony Melton
- SF: P.J. Tucker
- PF: Tobias Harris
- C: Joel Embiid
- Ousmane Dieng is OUT (non-displaced fractured right wrist).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (left leg injury).
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Lindy Waters is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Julian Champagnie is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Louis King is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Jaden Springer is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-7 against the Sixers (10-3 at home, 10-4 on the road).
- In 14 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Sixers 9 times, tied it 3 times, and lost it twice.
- The Thunder lost the season series with the 76ers a year ago 0-2 (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).