Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Target Center (Minneapolis, MN)
Television: FSOK, ESPN
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
For the second consecutive game, the Oklahoma City Thunder looked bored and lacking energy last night in a home loss to the Portland Trail Blazers. Andre Roberson will sit for the fifth game in a row, but there is no time for excuses, as the Thunder need to figure out a way to lockdown the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Things have been looking up for Minnesota as they have won nine of their last twelve games, which includes five straight wins at home. Jeff Teague has been injured since December 27th with a sprained MCL in his left knee, but Tyus Jones has filled in quite nicely at the starting point guard position.
Tonight’s result could end up having an impact on the postseason as the Thunder and the Timberwolves are both fighting to win the Northwest Division, and ultimately, a better playoff spot in the Western Conference.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Tyus Jones
- SG: Jimmy Butler
- SF: Andrew Wiggins
- PF: Taj Gibson
- C: Karl-Anthony Towns
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendonitis) is OUT.
- Jeff Teague (sprained MCL in left knee) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 29-9 against the Timberwolves (16-3 at home, 13-6 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-2 against the Timberwolves so far this season (1-1 at home, 0-1 on the road). This is the final meeting of the season.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the 4-game regular season series against the Timberwolves 7 times and tied twice.
- Two of the Thunder’s top free throw shooting performances for the season have come against the Timberwolves: 21/22 (95.5%) on December 1, 2017, in Oklahoma City and 22/25 (88.0%) on October 27, 2017, in Minnesota.
- The Thunder scored a team season-high 42 first quarter points against the Timberwolves on December 1, 2017, in Oklahoma City.
- The Timberwolves attempted 35 free throws against the Thunder in Minnesota on October 27, 2017, which is tied for the most attempted by a Thunder opponent this season.
- Steven Adams recorded his season-high of 27 points against the Timberwolves in Oklahoma City on December 15, 2017.
- Karl-Anthony Towns scored his season-high of 33 points against the Thunder in Minnesota on October 27th, 2017.
- Oklahoma City has lost two games in a row, while Minnesota has won their last two.
- Oklahoma City is 6-4 in the last 10 games, while Minnesota is 7-3.
- Oklahoma City is 8-12 on the road, while Minnesota is 15-6 at home.
- Oklahoma City is 13-12 against the Western Conference, while Minnesota is 21-6.
- Oklahoma City is 5-6 against the Northwest Division, while Minnesota is 7-1.
- Oklahoma City is 4-3 in the second game of a back-to-back, while Minnesota is 17-9 coming off of one day of rest.
- Taj Gibson was with the Thunder for the final 23 games of the regular season and the first round of the playoffs last season.
Be sure to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram, and be sure to like us on Facebook.