Tip-Off: 9:30 PM CT
Location: Staples Center (Los Angeles, California)
Television: FSOK, NBA TV
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder dropped a close one in Oakland on opening night, and it’s hard to not think of what could have been had Russell Westbrook been able to play. Westbrook is still injured and not expected to play tonight, but if Oklahoma City can knock down some shots and maintain the same level of defensive intensity they had the other night, they should fare just fine without the former MVP.
The Clippers also dropped their season opener, a 107-98 loss to the Denver Nuggets at home on Wednesday. The Clippers look much different to start this season than they did at the start of last season, which could make scouting them more difficult than normal, but the Thunder should head home this evening with their first win of the season.
- PG: Dennis Schröder
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Patrick Patterson
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Patrick Beverley
- SG: Avery Bradley
- SF: Danilo Gallinari
- PF: Tobias Harris
- C: Marcin Gortat
- Russell Westbrook (right knee scope) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-16 against the Clippers (11-7 at home, 9-9 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Clippers four times, tied three times, and lost three times.
- The Thunder swept the season series with the Clippers 3-0 a year ago.
- The Thunder has won 7 of the last 9 matchups with the Clippers.
- The Thunder and the Clippers both dropped their season openers.
- Oklahoma City is 0-1 on the road, while Los Angeles is 0-1 at home.
- Oklahoma City and Los Angeles are both 0-1 against the Western Conference.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Los Angeles Clippers Official Game Notes