Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
The Oklahoma City Thunder dropped to 0-4 Thursday night after allowing the Boston Celtics to come back from a 16-point deficit. The Thunder is still searching for their first win of the season, and if they don’t get it tonight, there is no telling what changes might need to be made.
The Phoenix Suns are off to a rough start themselves sitting at 1-4. Their lone win came against the Dallas Mavericks in their season opener, but since then, they have lost four straight by an average of almost 22 points.
The Thunder is a much more talented team than they have looked like so far, and they showed some glimpses of greatness in the first half on Thursday night against the Celtics, but they will have to play a complete game if they want to start stringing together some wins.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Isaiah Canaan
- SG: Josh Jackson
- SF: Trevor Ariza
- PF: Ryan Anderson
- C: DeAndre Ayton
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Russell Westbrook (sore shoulder) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Devin Booker (left hamstring strain) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 23-12 against the Suns (14-4 at home, 9-8 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Suns seven times, tied once, and lost twice.
- The Thunder won the season series with the Suns 2-1 a year ago.
- Oklahoma City and Phoenix have both lost four consecutive games.
- The Thunder is 0-2 at home so far this season, while the Suns are 0-3 on the road.
- The Thunder is 0-3 against the Western Conference, while the Suns are 1-4.
- The Thunder is 0-1 so far this season coming off of two days of rest, while this is the first time of the season for the Suns to play the second game of a back-to-back.
- The Thunder is one of just two teams in the NBA that have yet to get a win this season.
- The Thunder ranks 28th in scoring, 30th in FG%, 3P%, and FT%, but they are 3rd in rebounding, 6th in steals, 5th in blocks, and 5th in opponent turnovers.
- The Suns rank 26th in scoring, 25th in rebounding, 28th in turnovers, 26th in steals, and 28th in blocks, but they are 8th in FG% and 4th in assists.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Phoenix Suns Official Game Notes