Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder easily defeated the New York Knicks in yesterday’s Martin Luther King Jr. Day afternoon matchup, and it appears as if they are turning a corner. They have won 2 consecutive games after dropping 5 of 6, and they now face a particularly difficult stretch of games at home.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the Portland Trail Blazers, who come in on a 3-game winning streak. These two teams met last on January 4th in Portland, a 124-112 Thunder victory, but the Blazers have won 6 of 8 since then.
CJ McCollum has shot an impressive 40.9% during the 8-game stretch since the teams last met, which is significantly higher than the 32.9% that he had shot prior. OKC needs to defend the perimeter as Portland has the ability to get hot from outside. If the Thunder defense can lock in like it has been known to do, they can pick up a victory in front of the home crowd.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Damian Lillard
- SG: CJ McCollum
- SF: Maurice Harkless
- PF: Al-Farouq Aminu
- C: Jusuf Nurkic
- Patrick Patterson (facial injury) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 19-22 against the Trail Blazers (11-9 at home, 8-13 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Trail Blazers 3 times, lost it 5 times, and tied twice.
- The Thunder lost all 4 games against the Blazers a season ago by an average of 6.5 points.
- The Thunder is 1-0 against the Blazers so far this season (0-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has lost the last 3 matchups with the Blazers at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The Thunder has won 2 games in a row, and the Blazers have won 3 games in a row.
- The Thunder is 5-5 in their last 10 games, and the Blazers are 7-3 in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City is 14-7 at home while Portland is 9-12 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 16-14 against the Western Conference while Portland is 16-16.
- The Thunder is 4-2 in the second game of a back-to-back while the Blazers are 4-3 in the second game of a back-to-back.
- The Thunder is 1-4 on Tuesdays while the Blazers are 4-3.
- The Thunder is 4-5 in January while the Blazers are 8-3.
- The Thunder and Blazers are currently tied at 4.5 games back in the Western Conference.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Portland Trail Blazers Official Game Notes