Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
Despite losing at home to the Denver Nuggets on Friday night, the Oklahoma City Thunder has clinched a playoff spot after the Sacramento Kings lost to the Houston Rockets on Saturday night. As of now, the Thunder is in 8th place in the West, losing the tie-breaker with the San Antonio Spurs.
Today, the Thunder hosts the Dallas Mavericks, who were eliminated from playoff contention some time ago. The Mavs are without rookie sensation Luka Dončić, but former MVP Dirk Nowitzki is in the starting lineup for Dallas in what very well could be the last game he ever plays against the Oklahoma City Thunder.
The Thunder is a double-digit favorite, and they need a win desperately in an attempt to get a better seed headed into the playoffs, but no win is guaranteed. OKC needs to come out of the gate with as much energy as possible for what is viewed by many as a potential trap game.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Jalen Brunson
- SG: Courtney Lee
- SF: Justin Jackson
- PF: Dirk Nowitzki
- C: Dwight Powell
- Paul George (left shoulder soreness) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- JJ Barea (right Achilles surgery) is OUT.
- Luka Dončić (right thigh contusion) is OUT.
- Tim Hardaway Jr. (left tibia stress reaction) is OUT.
- Kristaps Porzingis (left knee surgery) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 22-17 against the Mavericks in the regular season (13-6 at home, 9-11 on the road) and 9-5 in the playoffs (4-3 at home, 5-2 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Mavericks 4 times, lost 4 times, and tied twice.
- The Thunder split the season series last year with the Mavericks 2-2 (1-1 at home, 1-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 1-2 against the Mavericks this season (1-0 at home, 0-2 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 5 of the last 6 matchups with the Mavericks at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The Thunder most recently lost to the Denver Nuggets on Friday night while the Mavericks lost to the Miami Heat on Thursday night.
- The Thunder is 4-6 in the last 10 games while the Mavericks are 2-8 in the last 10.
- Oklahoma City is 24-13 at home while the Mavericks are 7-31 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 25-23 against the Western Conference while Dallas is 15-31 against the Western Conference.
- The Thunder is 26-20 after one day of rest while the Mavericks are 8-5 after 2 days of rest.
- The Thunder is 3-5 (3-3 at home, 0-2 on the road) on Sunday while the Mavericks are 8-4 (5-1 at home, 3-3 on the road).
- The Thunder is 6-9 (3-4 at home, 3-5 on the road) in March while the Mavericks are 2-12 (1-5 at home, 1-7 on the road).
- The Thunder is 7-12 (4-6 at home, 3-6 on the road) since the All-Star Break while the Mavericks are 3-15 (2-6 at home, 1-9 on the road).
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Dallas Mavericks Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, and Stitcher.