Tip-Off: 7 PM CDT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (1-3) lost a close one in Houston on Monday in Chris Paul’s return, and despite the loss, there was plenty to be happy about. The Thunder held a double-digit lead in the first half, but after a tough third quarter where they fell behind by double digits themselves, the deficit was too much to overcome.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the Portland Trail Blazers (2-2). The Blazers ended OKC’s season in the first round of the playoffs back in April whenever Damian Lillard hit a ridiculous buzzer beater and waved goodbye to the Thunder as we once knew them.
With Russell Westbrook and Paul George elsewhere this season, the drama between the two franchises is slightly lessened, but Thunder fans are likely to be rowdy tonight as they want revenge against the team that essentially ended the first era of professional basketball in Oklahoma City.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Mike Muscala
- PG: Damian Lillard
- SG: CJ McCollum
- SF: Rodney Hood
- PF: Anthony Tolliver
- C: Hassan Whiteside
- Steven Adams (left knee contusion) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Zach Collins (shoulder) is OUT.
- Pau Gasol (foot) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 22-22 (13-9 at home, 9-13 on the road) against the Trail Blazers in the regular season and 1-4 (1-1 at home, 0-3 on the road) in the playoffs.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Trail Blazers 4 times, lost it 5 times, and tied twice.
- The Thunder swept the Blazers 4-0 last year in the regular season (2-0 at home, 2-0 on the road), but OKC fell to Portland 1-4 in the playoffs (1-1 at home, 0-3 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.