Tip-Off: 4 PM CT
Location: Smoothie King Arena (New Orleans, Louisiana)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (7-11) survived the New Orleans Pelicans (6-13) 109-14 at home on Friday in a game that went down to the wire, and now the Thunder plays the Pelicans again, but in New Orleans.
Not much has changed in two days, but both teams can use Friday night’s game as a strategy guide for today’s matchup. The matchup was a battle in the paint as both teams scored at least 50 points in the paint. I have a strong feeling that whoever is able to dominate down low today will end up with the W.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Jrue Holiday
- SG: JJ Redick
- SF: Josh Hart
- PF: Brandon Ingram
- C: Jaxson Hayes
- Hamidou Diallo (hyperextended right elbow, sprain) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Lonzo Ball (stomach virus) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Derrick Favors (personal reasons) is OUT.
- Darius Miller (right achilles surgery) is OUT.
- Kenrich Williams (left ankle sprain)
- Zion Williamson (right knee scope) is OUT.
By the Numbers
- 53.0: Number of points in the paint allowed per game by the Pelicans (30th in the NBA)
- 44.2: Number of points in the paint scored per game by the Thunder (24th in the NBA)
- 48.1: Number of points in the paint allowed per game by the Thunder (17th in the NBA)
- 47.1: Number of points in the paint scored per game by the Pelicans (16th in the NBA).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 26-15 against the Pelicans (16-6 at home, 10-9 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Pelicans 7 times, tied it once, and lost it 3 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series 2-2 against the Pelicans a year ago (2-0 at home, 0-2 on the road).
- The Thunder is 2-0 against the Pelicans so far this season (2-0 at home, 0-0 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.