Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, OK)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (8-11) picked up another close win against the New Orleans Pelicans (6-15) on Sunday, and now the Thunder looks to a more formidable foe.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the Indiana Pacers (13-7), a team that handed OKC one of their worst losses of the season. The Pacers blew out the Thunder 111-85 in Indiana less than a month ago, and now OKC has a chance to even up the season series.
In order to correct the issues from the first matchup with the Pacers, the Thunder needs to actually see shots go through the hoop. In Indiana, OKC shot their worst percentage from the floor all season, a frigid 29-of-82 (35.4%), while knocking down just 6-of-25 (24.0%) from deep.
The poor shooting effort killed the Thunder, and the Pacers were able to capitalize by dominating OKC in the paint. The Pacers outscored the Thunder 54-36 in the paint, an area that has been particularly solid for OKC lately.
If the Thunder can work the ball inside and find some easy buckets early, that will open up shooting opportunities elsewhere, giving OKC a chance to win this game.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Malcolm Brogdon
- SG: Jeremy Lamb
- SF: T.J. Warren
- PF: Domantas Sabonis
- C: Myles Turner
- Hamidou Diallo (hyperextended right elbow, sprain) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Victor Oladipo (right knee surgery rehab) is OUT.
- JaKarr Sampson (sore back) is OUT.
- Edmond Sumner (right hand fracture) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 11-11 against the Pacers (7-3 at home, 4-8 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Pacers 3 times, lost it 3 times, and tied 5 times.
- The Thunder split the season series 1-1 (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road) last season.
- The Thunder is 0-1 (0-0 at home, 01 on the road) against the Pacers so far this season.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.