Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (32-21) suffered a close loss to the Boston Celtics (37-15) on Sunday, but the small setback should have little affect on how well the Thunder has been playing lately.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the San Antonio Spurs (22-31), who have lost 5 consecutive games and 7 of their last 10. A win tonight, paired with a loss by the Houston Rockets (33-22), would move the Thunder into the 5th-seed in the Western Conference.
The Spurs are in the middle of their worst season in over 2 decades as they are in danger of missing the playoffs for the first time since the 1996-97 NBA season. The Thunder is the better team, but the Spurs are always a tough play. With the recent news of Darius Bazley’s injury, it will be interesting to see how Thunder head coach Billy Donovan decides to adjust his lineups.
Even with the absence of Bazley, OKC should be able to handle the Spurs in front of the home crowd. Tonight’s matchup isn’t exactly a “must win,” but it would be nice to get a home win prior to Thursday’s matchup with the Pelicans (22-31) in New Orleans before heading into the All-Star Break this weekend.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Bryn Forbes
- SG: Dejounte Murray
- SF: Lonnie Walker
- PF: Trey Lyles
- C: LaMarcus Aldridge
- Darius Bazley (right knee bone bruise) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- DeMar DeRozan (back spasms) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 18-23 against the Spurs in the regular season (12-8 at home, 6-15 away) and 10-8 against them in the playoffs (7-2 at home, 3-6 away).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has won the season series with the Spurs once, lost it 4 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder went 1-2 against the Spurs last year (1-0 at home, 0-2 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 6 of the last 7 matchups against the Spurs at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The Thunder is 1-1 against the Spurs so far this year (0-0 at home, 1-1 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.
|2020 March Madness Bracket - $1 Million 2020 March Madness Bracket Challenge|