Tip-Off: 1:30 PM CT
Location: The Field House (Orlando, Florida)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (43-26) rebounded from Friday’s loss to Memphis (33-38) with a big win on Sunday against the Washington Wizards (24-46). OKC led from start to finish, and Washington never really had a chance.
Today, the Thunder takes on the hottest team in the bubble, the only team to be undefeated through every seeding game so far, the Phoenix Suns (31-39). Entering the bubble, it appeared as if Phoenix had no chance at making the playoffs, but now they’re on the verge of doing just that.
OKC is also still fighting for a better spot in the standings, so expect a hard-fought matchup this afternoon. Chris Paul is playing some of his best basketball, and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander appears to be returning to his true form. Meanwhile, the Suns have a star in shooting guard Devin Booker.
The Thunder’s focus today needs to be slowing down the game and limiting the Suns in transition. Phoenix averages 14.5 fast break points per game, good for 9th in the league, and if the Suns are able to outrun the Thunder, OKC could be in for a long one.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Mike Muscala
- PG: Ricky Rubio
- SG: Devin Booker
- SF: Mikal Bridges
- PF: Cameron Johnson
- C: Deandre Ayton
- Steven Adams (lower left leg contusion) is OUT.
- Nerlens Noel (right ankle) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (foot soreness) is OUT.
- Dennis Schröder (with family) is OUT.
- Aron Baynes (right knee bone contusion) is OUT.
- Elie Okobo (right ankle sprain) is OUT.
- Kelly Oubre (right knee rehab) is DOUBTFUL.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 29-12 against the Suns (17-4 at home, 12-8 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Suns 8 times, tied once, and lost twice.
- The Thunder won the season series with the Suns 4-0 a year ago (2-0 at home, 2-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 2-0 (1-0 at home, 1-0 on the road) against the Suns so far this season.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and like us on Facebook, and check out the latest episode of the Thunder Nation Podcast on YouTube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, and TuneIn.