Kickoff: 7:00 PM CT
Location: Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
- Oklahoma owns a 27-3 (.900) record against Baylor and is 13-1 vs. the Bears in Norman. In the Big 12 era, the Sooners hold a 22-3 series advantage (10-1 at home).
- A win today would give Lincoln Riley 43 in his head coaching career, which would tie the school record for a fourth-year OU coach. Bob Stoops went 43-9 (.827) in his first four seasons at OU (1999-2002).
- Over the last five games since the Sooners rank first among Power Five teams with their 50.2 points per game average.
- The Sooners have held their last two opponents (Kansas 9 and Oklahoma State 13) to a combined 22 points. The last time OU held opponents to 22 or fewer points over two games was in 2014 (Tulsa 7 and Tennessee 10 in the season’s second and third outings).
- OU has scored at least 28 points in a school-record 60 consecutive contests. The next longest streak nationally since at least 1980 is 31 by UCF (2017-19). The next longest active streak is 21 games by Alabama.
- The 2020 Sooners are looking to become the fifth team in program history to win a conference title with two league losses. The four occasions it happened were in 1976 (5-2 in Big Eight; shared with Colorado and Oklahoma State) and 2002, 2007 and 2010 (6-2 in Big 12; won Big 12 Championship games). No OU team has ever won a conference title after an 0-2 league start and no Sooners squad has ever won a conference championship with three league losses.
- The Sooners have won six straight games against Baylor (average score of 45-31) and have registered over 500 yards in five of the six contests (had 433 in last year’s Big 12 Championship Game).
- The last two OU-Baylor meetings in Norman have yielded a combined score of 111-57 (66-33 in 2018 and 45-24 in 2016). The Sooners averaged 9.0 yards per play in those contests.
- After struggling in the run game early this season, OU has hit the 200-yard rushing mark in three of its last five games (191 in another) and has been bolstered by the return of senior running back Rhamondre Stevenson who has has rushed for 332 yards and five touchdowns on 50 carries (6.6 yards per rush) in the last three games.
- OU registered six sacks over the season’s first three games (2.0 average) but has 24 over the last five contests (4.8 average). The Sooners lead the Big 12 and rank fifth nationally with their 3.8 sacks per game on the year.
Craig: 56-10 Oklahoma
Zack: 51-17 Oklahoma State
Mark: 42-21 Oklahoma State
Rich: 45-27 Oklahoma
Matt: 37-25 Oklahoma
Game Preview Posts
Follow us on Twitter: @SportsHeartland
One Reply to “Oklahoma Football vs. Baylor | Storylines, How to Watch, Odds, & Predictions”