Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, OK)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
Last season the Oklahoma City Thunder earned the nickname “the Comeback Kids” after overcoming ridiculous point deficits on multiple occasions, and they did just that on Friday night. After trailing the Chicago Bulls by 22 points in the 3rd quarter, Luguentz Dort and Shai Gilgeous-Alexander helped lead the comeback for an eventual 127-125 overtime victory.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts the Philadelphia 76ers, who are 9-5 on the season, despite dealing with a flurry of injuries and players being forced to sit due to health and safety protocols. Joel Embiid is out tonight, which benefits OKC, who has struggled to protect the paint this season.
Fresh off the emotional overtime win on Friday night, the Thunder needs to carry the energy from that incredible finish into today’s matchup and maybe OKC can grab a second consecutive home victory.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: George Hill
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Ben Simmons
- SG: Tyrese Maxey
- SF: Danny Green
- PF: Tobias Harris
- C: Dwight Howard
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (not with team).
- Al Horford is OUT (personal reasons).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Seth Curry is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Joel Embiid is OUT (right knee pain).
- Furkan Kormaz is OUT (strained left adductor).
- Vincent Poirier is OUT (health and safety protocols).
- Mike Scott is OUT (right knee swelling).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-3 against the Sixers (10-1 at home, 10-2 on the road).
- In 12 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Sixers 9 times and tied it 3 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series with the 76ers a year ago 1-1 (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).