Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: TD Garden (Boston, Massachusetts)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder has tied a franchise record of 14 consecutive losses after dropping a 121-90 loss last night against the Philadelphia 76ers. Tonight, the Thunder will likely set a new record as they take on the Boston Celtics at TD Garden.
The Celtics haven’t exactly had a successful season by their standards. Currently, they sit at 32-29 on the season and 6th in the Eastern Conference standings. Their biggest problem has been a lack of interior presence and inconsistent play from their stars, and despite the fact that Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker are both listed as out for tonight’s contest, I don’t anticipate that they will have much if any issue taking care of OKC’s undermanned squad.
Although the losing streak isn’t exactly comforting, it’s good to see that morale is still high and the focus is still the same.
“We know where we are right now,” said Ty Jerome. “It’s about getting better every day.”
While it doesn’t always seem like the Thunder is making progress, the fact is that Oklahoma City could be right in the thick of the playoffs as early as next season. Only time will tell, as there’s no way to perfectly predict what will happen in the offseason, but there is much to be excited about in the future.
- PG: Théo Maledon
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Aleksej Pokuševski
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Moses Brown
- PG: Marcus Smart
- SG: Romeo Langford
- SF: Jaylen Brown
- PF: Semi Ojeleye
- C: Tristan Thompson
- Tony Bradley is QUESTIONABL
- Gabriel Deck is OUT (not with team).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (plantar fasciitis in right foot).
- Josh Hall is OUT (bilateral knee soreness).
- Mike Muscala is OUT (right ankle sprain).
- Jayson Tatum is OUT (left ankle impingement).
- Kemba Walker is OUT (strained left oblique).
- Robert Williams III is OUT (left knee soreness).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 13-12 against the Celtics (5-8 at home, 8-4 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Celtics 4 times, lost it 3 times, and tied 5 times.
- The Thunder went 1-1 against the Celtics last season (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Celtics so far this season (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road).