Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder’s win streak came to an end last night at the hands of the Brooklyn Nets, and the competition doesn’t get much easier tonight as the Thunder hosts the Miami Heat. After starting the season 6-1, the Heat are 8-5 after winning just 2 of their last 6.
The Heat were in the Finals in the NBA Bubble just a little over a year ago, and after a down year last season, Miami is considered a legit contender in the East. They have had a few injuries lately, so that’s likely the reason for their losses of late. Still, they’re a solid squad, and that’s why they’re favored by nearly double digits in tonight’s contest.
Last night’s loss to the Nets was the first time the Thunder did not cover the spread while playing at home, so I expect them to rebound with a slightly closer game. Still, I think OKC is in store for another loss.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Josh Giddey
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Kyle Lowry
- SG: Duncan Robinson
- SF: Jimmy Butler
- PF: P.J. Tucker
- C: Bam Adebayo
- Bam Adebayo is OUT (left knee bruise).
- Jimmy Butler is QUESTIONABLE (sprained right ankle).
- Markief Morris is OUT (neck; whiplash).
- Victor Oladipo is OUT (right knee injury recovery).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder is 14-12 against the Heat (7-7 at home, 7-5 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has won the season series 3 times, lost it 3 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder went 0-2 against the Heat last season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).