Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The bottom two teams in the Western Conference meet tonight in OKC as the Thunder hosts the New Orleans Pelicans. The Thunder and Pelicans met earlier this season in New Orleans, a 108-100 win for OKC. Since then, neither team has had too much success in the win column, but there is plenty of young talent on both rosters to make this one a fun evening.
Luguentz Dort remains out for the Thunder with a sprained ankle, and Zion Williamson has yet to play a game this season for the Pelicans due to a broken foot injury. Neither OKC nor New Orleans has a potent offense, ranking 30th and 26th, but between Shai Gilgeous-Alexander for OKC and Brandon Ingram for New Orleans, there should be plenty of highlights to come by.
While it’s clear that neither team appears to be too concerned with winning, this is one that the Thunder should be able to win, and it might do well to give the home crowd something to get excited about.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Kenrich Williams
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Devonte’ Graham
- SG: Brandon Ingram
- SF: Josh Hart
- PF: Herbert Jones
- C: Jonas Valanciunas
- Luguentz Dort is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Theo Maledon is OUT (G League – On Assignment).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (G League – On Assignment).
- Isaiah Roby is OUT (G League – On Assignment).
- Jose Alvarado is OUT (G League – Two-Way).
- Daulton Hommes is OUT (stress fracture in right fibular).
- Kira Lewis Jr. is OUT (sprained right knee ACL/MCL).
- Didi Louzada is OUT (league suspension).
- Zion Williamson is OUT (fractured right foot).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 30-17 against the Pelicans (16-8 at home, 14-9 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Pelicans 8 times, tied it once, and lost it 4 times.
- The Thunder went 1-2 against the Pelicans last season (0-2 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the last 3 matchups with the Pelicans at Smoothie King Center.