Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: FedExForum (Memphis, Tennessee)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
Less than 3 weeks after the Oklahoma City Thunder’s record setting 73-point loss to the Memphis Grizzlies, the Thunder returns to the scene of the crime for a rematch. In that initial matchup, OKC was without Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Josh Giddey, Kenrich Williams, and Derrick Favors, so some of the blame can be placed on that, but still, there is no excuse for getting blown out like that.
Since then, the Thunder has gone 3-3 just while the Grizzlies have won 7 of their last 9, but Memphis is still without Ja Morant, who has been out for various reasons over the last 12 games. The bad news is that the historic loss will undoubtedly be talked about extensively tonight, but the good news is there’s basically no chance OKC has a worse outing than that.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Aaron Wiggins
- C: Jeremiah Robinson-Earl
- PG: Ja Morant
- SG: Desmond Bane
- SF: Dillon Brooks
- PF: Jaren Jackson
- C: Steven Adams
- Vit Krejci is OUT (G League — On Assignment).
- Santi Aldama is OUT (right calf soreness).
- Brandon Clarke is OUT (right knee soreness).
- Tyus Jones is OUT (right finger sprain).
- Sam Merrill is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Ja Morant is AVAILABLE ( sprained left knee).
- Yves Pons is OUT (G League — Two-Way).
- Ziaire Williams is OUT (left knee soreness).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 27-20 against the Grizzlies (17-7 at home, 10-133 on the road) in the regular season and 9-10 in the playoffs (6-5 at home, 3-5 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Grizzlies 8 times and lost it 4 times.
- The Thunder went 1-2 against the Grizzlies last season (1-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Grizzlies so far this season (0-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).