Shai Gilgeous-Alexander tied his career-high on Monday night against the Dallas Mavericks with 42 points, but the Oklahoma City Thunder was unable to close the gap late against the Mavs losing 121-114. After a 5-game road trip, OKC returns home on Wednesday night to host the Miami Heat.
The Thunder went 2-3 on the road trip, which is not bad at all considering 4 of the 5 teams they played are currently in a playoff position. Tonight’s matchup against Miami might be a little easier than normal with Jimmy Butler out, but the Heat are still a dangerous team. Bam Adebayo is a solid big man, and OKC will play without Jeremiah Robinson-Earl, who has been starting at center for most of the season.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jaylen Williams
- C: Aleksej Pokusevski
- PG: Kyle Lowry
- SG: Tyler Herro
- SF: Caleb Martin
- PF: Max Strus
- C: Bam Adebayo
- Ousmane Dieng is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Jeremiah Robinson-Early is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Lindy Waters III is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Jaylin Williams is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Kenrich Williams is OUT (sprained right knee).
- Jimmy Butler is OUT (right knee injury managements).
- Jamal Cain is OUT (G League — two -way).
- Dewayne Dedmon is QUESTIONABLE (plantar fasciitis in left foot).
- Tyler Herro is PROBABLE (sprained left ankle).
- Nikola Jovic is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Victor Oladipo is PROBABLE (left knee tendinosis).
- Duncan Robinson is PROBABLE (sprained left ankle).
- Max Strus is PROBABLE (right shoulder impingement).
- Gabe Vincent is OUT (left knee effusion).
- Omer Yurtseven is OUT (left ankle surgery).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder is 14-14 against the Heat (7-8 at home, 7-6 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has won the season series 3 times, lost it 4 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder went 0-2 against the Heat last season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).