The Oklahoma City Thunder is coming off one of their more frustrating losses of the season, a 115-96 decision at home against the Philadelphia 76ers. Despite getting a couple of days off, there really is no rest for OKC as they are set to host the Boston Celtics on Tuesday night.
At 26-11 on the season, the Celtics lead the Eastern Conference standings, but after starting 21-5, they proceeded to lose 5 of the next 6 before getting back on track by winning 4 of their last 5. Needless to say, Boston has been a bit streaky over the last month, which might be just what the Thunder needs in order to make this game competitive.
As good as the Celtics have been, OKC managed to play them close when the two teams met in Boston back on November 14th. The Celtics were 10-3 at the time, and the Thunder was just 6-7, but OKC actually led by 7 at halftime before dropping the game 126-122. OKC is playing pretty solid basketball lately, especially if you disregard that New Year’s Eve game, so while they may not pull off the upset, perhaps they can at least make the game an entertaining one.
Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Jaylin Williams
- PG: Marcus Smart
- SG: Derrick White
- SF: Jaylen Brown
- PF: Jayson Tatum
- C: Al Horford
- Ousmane Dieng is OUT (non-displaced fractured right wrist).
- Chet Holmgren is OUT (right foot surgery).
- Eugene Omoruyi is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (left tibial plateau; non-displaced fracture).
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl is OUT (sprained right ankle).
- Lindy Waters is OUT (G League — two-way).
- JD Davison is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Danilo Gallinari is OUT (left knee ACL repair).
- Mtiondu Kabengele is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Robert Williams III is QUESTIONABLE (left knee injury management).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 14-14 against the Celtics (5-9 at home, 9-5 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Celtics 4 times, lost it 4 times, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder went 0-2 against the Celtics last season (0-1 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Celtics so far this season (0-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).