Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder suffered a devastating loss on Tuesday after melting down in epic fashion in Boston against the Celtics. With 16.8 seconds left on the clock, the Thunder had a five-point lead, but they came up short in the end.
Tonight’s matchup with the Miami Heat is the first of the season between the two teams, and considering that both teams are fighting for a better playoff spot, it might as well be a playoff game itself. The Thunder dropped to the fifth spot in the West yesterday after the New Orleans Pelicans passed them with a win, and the Heat are in seventh in the East, but they are within striking distance of as high as third.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Corey Brewer
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Gordan Dragić
- SG: Tyler Johnson
- SF: Josh Richardson
- PF: James Johnson
- C: Bam Adebayo
- Andre Roberson (left patellar surgery) is OUT.
- Dion Waiters (left ankle surgery) is OUT.
- Dwyane Wade (left hamstring strain) is OUT.
- Hassan Whiteside (left hip flexor strain) is OUT.
- Derrick Jones, Jr. (two-way contract in G-League) is OUT.
- Derrick Walton, Jr.(two-way contract in G-League) is OUT.
- In nine seasons in Oklahoma City, the Thunder is 10-8 against the Heat (5-4 at home, 5-4 away).
- In nine seasons in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has won the season series three times, lost it twice, and tied four times.
- The Thunder has won five of the last six matchups with the Heat, including three in a row in Oklahoma City.
- The Thunder will play the Heat again on April 9 in Miami.
- Oklahoma City lost to the Boston Celtics on Tuesday, while Miami has won three in a row.
- Oklahoma City is 7-3 in the last 10 games, while Miami is the same
- Oklahoma City is 25-11 at home, while Miami is 17-20 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 18-10 against the Eastern Conference, while Miami is 13-15 against the Western Conference.
- Oklahoma City is 9-4 after two days of rest, while Miami is 26-18 after one day of rest.
- With 9 games left in the season, the Thunder is currently fifth in the Western Conference, only 2 games back of third, but also only 1.5 games ahead of eighth.
Article written by Zack Low. Follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter & Instagram, and like us on Facebook.