Just when you think Jalen Hurts can’t get more impressive he goes off and does something else to validate his position as the Heisman front runner. Oklahoma destroyed Texas Tech 55-16 in their conference opener on Saturday, but it was what Hurts did to one of the Big 12’s most improved defenses that made the lead story.
With 308 passing yards, and two touchdowns, in the first half, Hurts set a new career record for passing yards in a half. He finished the day 17-of-24 for 415 yards, with three touchdowns and an interception on a tipped ball. He also ran for 70 yards and another score.
- The Trejan Bridges project is still very much a work in progress. His biggest moments were two penalties he was flagged for, both for 15 yards each. That’s not the way you want to have your name called.
- Neville Gallimore is the key to Oklahoma’s defense. The Sooners are clearly a different defense when he isn’t on the field.
- Charleston Rambo is making the most of the attention that CeeDee Lamb is getting.
- CeeDee Lamb is incredible!!!
- The injury to Kennedy Brooks looked scary. Oklahoma fans be holding their breath until official word comes out.
- Defensively the Sooners need to get stronger on the edges.
- I’m willing to bet that Gabe Brkic has become the new kicker.
Stay tuned for more post game coverage!
Follow us on Twitter | @SportsHeartland