Tip-Off: 4 PM CDT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (1-4) lost another close one on Wednesday as they fell to the Portland Trail Blazers (3-2) at home 102-99. After leading early in the fourth quarter, the Thunder could not finish, and it cost them once again.
This afternoon, the Thunder hosts the New Orleans Pelicans (1-4), who are fresh off their first win of the season, a 122-107 victory over the Denver Nuggets (3-2) on Thursday night. The Pelicans are missing rookie standout Zion Williamson, but they still have a solid young core playing alongside some veterans, very much like the Thunder.
Both teams could use a win today, if only to improve morale. Home court gives the Thunder a slight edge, but this will likely be another tough one for Oklahoma City.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Nerlens Noel
- PG: Lonzo Ball
- SG: Jrue Holiday
- SF: Nicoló Melli
- PF: Brandon Ingram
- C: Jahlil Okafor
- Steven Adams (left knee contusion) is OUT.
- Nerlens Noel (foot) is AVAILABLE.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Derrick Favors (knee) is DOUBTFUL.
- Zion Williamson (knee) is OUT.
By the Numbers
- 121.2: Number of points scored per game (2nd in the NBA) by the Pelicans.
- 101.4: Number of points allowed per game (5th in the NBA) by the Thunder.
- 50.8: Number of rebounds per game (5th in the NBA) by the Thunder.
- 30.6: Number of assists per game (1st in the NBA) by the Pelicans.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 24-15 against the Pelicans (14-6 at home, 10-9 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Pelicans 7 times, tied it once, and lost it 3 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series 2-2 against the Pelicans a year ago (2-0 at home, 0-2 on the road).
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.