Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (12-14) kicked off their four-game home stand with a bang on Monday by rallying from a 26-point deficit to defeat the Chicago Bulls (10-19) 109-106.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts Rookie of the Year frontrunner Ja Morant and the Memphis Grizzlies (10-17). The Grizzlies are in a similar position as the Thunder in terms of starting fresh with a potential young superstar, but they lack the veteran leadership that OKC has in Chris Paul, Steven Adams, and Danilo Gallinari.
As long as the Thunder can avoid getting down early, they should be able to handle the Grizzlies with ease. However, don’t discount the energy that young teams play with, and while Memphis is not the same gritty team that they were just a few years ago, they’re still capable of playing tough basketball.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ja Morant
- SG: Dillon Brooks
- SF: Jae Crowder
- PF: Jaren Jackson Jr.
- C: Jonas Valančiūnas
- Deonte Burton (G-League Assignment) is OUT.
- Hamidou Diallo (hyperextended right elbow, sprain) is OUT.
- Kevin Hervey (G-League Assignment) is OUT.
- Justin Patton (G-League Assignment) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Grayson Allen (right ankle soreness) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Andre Iguodala (not with team) is OUT.
- Josh Jackson (G-League Assignment) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 25-15 against the Grizzlies (15-5 at home, 10-10 on the road) in the regular season and 9-10 in the playoffs (6-5 at home, 3-5 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Grizzlies 8 times and lost 3 times.
- The Thunder went 2-1 against the Grizzlies last season (2-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder has won 8 consecutive games against the Grizzlies at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.