Tip-Off: 11:30 AM CT
Location: AdventHealth Arena (Orlando, Florida)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (42-26) got off to a hot start in Friday’s matchup against the Memphis Grizzlies (33-37) before going cold in the second quarter. Despite grabbing an 18-point lead in the first quarter, the Thunder allowed the Grizzlies to comeback and win handily 121-92.
Today, the Thunder takes on the Washington Wizards (24-45), who were just eliminated from playoff contention. While the Wizards are essentially playing for nothing, that doesn’t mean you can count them out. These guys are still professional basketball players, and you can expect them to bring their best.
OKC will be without Steven Adams and Dennis Schröder again, but Terrance Ferguson made his return on Friday in limited minutes, and Mike Muscala is available after being out due to concussion protocol.
Today’s game could also be used as a good opportunity for Shai Gilgeous-Alexander to get back on track. Shai has struggled in his last two games, scoring a total of 23 points on 25% shooting from the field and 16.7% from downtown. His focus today needs to be attacking the rim and establishing some sort of offensive rhythm.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Luguentz Dort
- SF: Hamidou Diallo
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Mike Muscala
- PG: Ish Smith
- SG: Troy Brown Jr.
- SF: Isaac Bonga
- PF: Rui Hachimura
- C: Thomas Bryant
- Steven Adams (lower left leg contusion) is OUT.
- Shai-Gilgeous Alexander (right calf contusion) is OUT.
- Danilo Gallinari (left ankle injury maintenance) is OUT.
- Nerlens Noel (right ankle sprain) is OUT.
- Dennis Schröder (with family) is OUT.
- Garrison Matthews (not with team) is OUT.
- Shabazz Napier (right ankle sprain) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 14-8 against the Wizards (9-2 at home, 5-6 on the road).
- The Thunder has won the season series with the Wizards 4 times, lost it once, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder split the season series last year 1-1 (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road) against the Wizards so far this season.