Tip-Off: 8 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder handled the Cleveland Cavaliers just fine on the road last night, and tonight, the Thunder hosts the reigning Eastern Conference Champion Miami Heat. Despite hopes of making another run at the NBA Finals, the Heat have struggled so far this season, and they are just one game better than the rebuilding Thunder.
Despite similar records, the Thunder and the Heat are in very different places as organizations. OKC is looking to the future, whereas Miami was hoping to win sooner than later. Unfortunately for the Heat, they’ve been bitten hard by the injury bug, which has severely affected their ability to find any consistency.
Last time these two teams met, the Heat manhandled the Thunder in Miami. Bam Adebayo had his way down low, but the Heat were red hot from downtown, knocking down 16-of-34 (47.1%) from three, a feat they have not matched since. As a matter a fact, Miami is barely better than OKC at shooting the three, so if the Thunder can keep the Heat from getting hot, they might be able to pick up another win.
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Théo Maledon
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Isaiah Roby
- PG: Kendrick Nunn
- SG: Duncan Robinson
- SF: Jimmy Butler
- PF: Kelly Olynyk
- C: Bam Adebayo
- Trevor Ariza is OUT (not with team).
- Moses Brown is OUT (G League; two-way).
- Josh Hall is OUT (G League; two-way).
- George Hill is OUT (right thumb surgery).
- Al Horford is OUT (rest).
- Ty Jerome is OUT (G League; on assignment).
- Aleksej Pokusevski is OUT (G League; on assignment).
- Avery Bradley is OUT (strained right calf).
- Goran Dragic is OUT (sprained left ankle).
- Tyler Herro is QUESTIONABLE (right hip contusion).
- Meyers Leonard is OUT (left shoulder surgery).
- Chris Silva is OUT (strained left hip flexor).
- Gabe Vincent is PROBABLE (right knee soreness).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder is 14-11 against the Heat (7-6 at home, 7-5 on the road).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has won the season series 3 times, lost it twice, and tied 6 times.
- The Thunder went 1-1 against the Heat last season (0-1 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the Heat so far this season (0-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).