Tip-Off: 6 PM CT
Location: Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
Television: Bally Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live-tweets and discussion during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder has lost 13 consecutive games, and while it is impossible for them to tie the NBA record of 26 straight losses, they could get close if they don’t win another game this season. With just 12 games remaining, only 4 of them are against non-playoff teams. Tonight, the Thunder takes on the Eastern Conference powerhouse Philadelphia 76ers on the road.
The Sixers are second in the East right now with a record of 39-21, but they have won just 5 of their last 10 after losing 4 straight. Philly is dealing with some injuries, so the slide makes sense, but even with missing a number of key players, they’re probably not too worried about the Thunder.
OKC is still dealing with their own injury problems, but that doesn’t really matter when losing seems to be the best strategy to finish out the season. There’s no guarantee that losing games will equate to a top draft pick, but at this point, it’s the best option. If you don’t like it, well, don’t worry, the season is almost over, and then we can all get on the same page of looking to the future for success. Don’t count on it happening any time soon, though, including tonight.
- PG: Théo Maledon
- SG: Svi Mykhailiuk
- SF: Aleksej Pokuševski
- PF: Darius Bazley
- C: Moses Brown
- PG: George Hill
- SG: Seth Curry
- SF: Danny Green
- PF: Mike Scott
- C: Joel Embiid
- Gabriel Deck is OUT (not with team).
- Luguentz Dort is OUT (strained right hip).
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is OUT (plantar fasciitis in right foot).
- Josh Hall is OUT (bilateral knee soreness).
- Mike Muscala is OUT (right ankle sprain).
- Joel Embiid is QUESTIONABLE (right shoulder soreness).
- Tobias Harris is QUESTIONABLE (right knee injury recovery).
- Furkan Korkmaz is QUESTIONABLE (sprained right ankle).
- Paul Reed is QUESTIONABLE (health and safety protocols).
- Ben Simmons is OUT (illness).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 20-4 against the Sixers (10-2 at home, 10-2 on the road).
- In 12 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Sixers 9 times and tied it 3 times.
- The Thunder tied the season series with the 76ers a year ago 1-1 (1-0 at home, 0-1 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 against the 76ers this season (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road).