The Oklahoma City Thunder got back on track on Sunday with an impressive 111-99 victory on the road over the Phoenix Suns. With a little over 6 minutes left in the game, OKC trailed Phoenix 94-95, but Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and Jalen Williams proved to be too much for Kevin Durant and Bradley Beal as the Thunder closed the game on a 17-4 run to move to 6-4 on the season.
Now the attention turns to the Thunder hosting the San Antonio Spurs for OKC’s third In-Season Tournament group game. Chet Holmgren vs. Victor Wembanyama is a matchup that has been hyped for months now, and we saw a little bit of that action in a preseason game where the two came out fairly even. This one actually counts, though, and while a lot of the focus will be on those two, the Thunder should be able to defeat the Spurs without too much trouble.
Tip-Off: 6:30 PM CT
Location: Paycom Center
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @ZacharyLowNBA for live tweets and discussion during the game
- PG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SG: Josh Giddey
- SF: Luguentz Dort
- PF: Jalen Williams
- C: Chet Holmgren
- PG: Jeremy Sochan
- SG: Devin Vassell
- SF: Keldon Johnson
- PF: Victor Wembanyama
- C: Zach Collins
- Ousmane Dieng is OUT (G League – on assignment).
- Keyontae Johnson is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Charles Bediako is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Sidy Cissoko is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Keldon Johnson is QUESTIONABLE (right knee soreness).
- Tre Jones is QUESTIONABLE (right hamstring tightness).
- Sir’Jabari Rice is OUT (G League — two-way).
- Jeremy Sochan is QUESTIONABLE (right adductor tightness).
- Blake Wesley is OUT (G League — on assignment).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 25-28 against the Spurs in the regular season (17-10 at home, 8-18 away) and 10-8 against them in the playoffs (7-2 at home, 3-6 away).
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City, the Thunder has won the season series with the Spurs 3 times, lost it 7 times, and tied 5 times.
- The Thunder went 3-0 agains the Spurs last season (2-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).