Tip-Off: 9:30 PM CT
Location: Oracle Arena (Oakland, California)
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder kickoff opening night in Oakland against rival Golden State just minutes after the Warriors will receive their 2017-18 NBA Finals rings. These two teams have a lot of bad blood between them, and despite the expected absence of Russell Westbrook, the matchup should shape up to be a fiery one.
- PG: Dennis Schröder
- SG: Terrance Ferguson
- SF: Paul George
- PF: Patrick Patterson
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Steph Curry
- SG: Klay Thompson
- SF: Kevin Durant
- PF: Draymond Green
- C: Damian Jones
- Russell Westbrook (right knee scope) is OUT.
- Steven Adams (back soreness) is QUESTIONABLE.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- DeMarcus Cousins (left achilles rehab) is OUT.
- Damion Lee (left plantar fascia rehab) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 18-18 against the Warriors in the regular season (12-6 at home, 6-12 on the road) and 3-4 in the playoffs (2-1 at home, 1-3 on the road).
- In 10 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Warriors five times, lost it three times, and tied twice.
- Oklahoma City went 2-2 against Golden State last season (1-1 at home, 1-1 on the road).
- Three of the matchups between the Thunder and the Warriors last season were decided by 17+ points.
- The Thunder is 7-3 on opening night, 3-0 under the tenure of Head Coach Billy Donovan.
- The Thunder has five new players on the roster this season: Hamidou Diallo, Timothé LuwawuCabarrot, Abdel Nader, Nerlens Noel, Dennis Schröder. There are also two new two-way players: Deonte Burton and Tyler Davis.
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Golden State Warriors Official Game Notes