Tip-Off: 7 PM CT
Location: Chesapeake Energy Arena (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma)
Television: TNT and Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder found themselves in familiar territory on Tuesday night as they trailed the Denver Nuggets by 18 points in the second half. On Saturday, the Thunder trailed by 16 to the Sacramento Kings at home late in the third quarter. OKC roared back, and they even took the lead at a couple different points in the fourth quarter, but they were unable to complete the comeback.
On Tuesday, this time on the road at the Pepsi Center in Denver, the Thunder once again came from behind to temporarily take the lead late in the fourth before failing to get the win. The Nuggets walked away with the season series, going up 3-0 on the Thunder so far this year, and OKC left town on a 2-game losing streak and a slim chance at moving up to the 2-seed over the next couple of months.
Tonight, the Thunder hosts a short-staffed Philadelphia 76ers squad. The Thunder and the Sixers have had some incredible games over the last couple of years, and the fuel for the fire has been the animosity on full display between Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook and Sixers big man Joel Embiid. Unfortunately, Embiid is out tonight with injury, so perhaps tonight’s game will be drama-free.
OKC has won 19 straight against Philly, and the Thunder, who is in desperate need of a win, is a heavy favorite tonight. The Thunder needs to look down low early and get Steven Adams involved as both Embiid and backup big man Boban Marjanovic are out with injury. If OKC can do that, they should be able to get the win in front of the home crowd.
- PG: Russell Westbrook
- SG: Dennis Schröder
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Jerami Grant
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Ben Simmons
- SG: JJ Redick
- SF: Jimmy Butler
- PF: Tobias Harris
- C: Amir Johnson
- Paul George (right shoulder soreness) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (left patellar tendon) is OUT.
- Joel Embiid (left knee soreness) is OUT.
- Markelle Fultz (thoracic outlet syndrome) is OUT.
- Furkan Kormaz (torn meniscus, right knee) is OUT.
- Boban Marjanovic (bone bruise, right knee sprain) is OUT.
- Shake Milton (right hand injury) is OUT.
- Justin Patton (right foot surgery) is OUT.
- Zhaire Smith (Jones fracture, left foot) is OUT.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 19-1 against the Sixers (9-0 at home, 10-1 on the road).
- After losing the first matchup ever with the Philadelphia 76ers, the Oklahoma City Thunder has won the last 19.
- In 10 seasons, the Thunder has won the season series with the Sixers 9 times and tied it once.
- The Thunder won the season series with the 76ers a year ago 2-0 (1-0 at home, 1-0 on the road).
- The Thunder has won all 9 games against the 76ers at Chesapeake Energy Arena.
- The Thunder has lost 2 games in a row while the 76ers most recently defeated Pelicans in New Orleans 111-110 on Monday.
- The Thunder and the 76ers are both 6-4 in their last 10 games.
- Oklahoma City is 21-8 at home while Philadelphia is 15-14 on the road.
- Oklahoma City is 15-5 against the Eastern Conference while Philadelphia is 17-7 against the Western Conference.
- The Thunder is 22-13 after 1 day of rest while the 76ers are 9-6 after 2 days of rest.
- The Thunder is 4-4 (3-2 at home, 1-2 on the road) on Thursdays while the 76ers are 6-0 (3-0 at home, 3-0 on the road).
- The Thunder is 6-4 (4-1 at home, 2-3 on the road) in February while the 76ers are 5-4 (3-3 at home, 2-2 on the road).
- Oklahoma City Thunder Official Game Notes
- Philadelphia 76ers Official Game Notes
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Facebook, YouTube, or TalkShoe.