Tip-Off: 9 PM CT
Location: Moda Center (Portland, Oregon)
Television: Fox Sports Oklahoma
Radio: WWLS 98.1FM OKC The Sports Animal
Twitter: Follow @TheThunderGuys for live-tweets during the game
The Oklahoma City Thunder (6-10) picked up their first road win on Monday against the Golden State Warriors (3-15) in San Francisco, but it was nearly another loss. The Warriors were cruising for what looked like a big win, but the Thunder managed to pull off a 13-0 run to finish the game and win 100-97.
Tonight, the Thunder continues the West Coast trip as they take on the Portland Trail Blazers (6-12). The Blazers have been one of the most disappointing teams of the NBA so far, and they are still struggling to figure out their identity. They recently signed Carmelo Anthony, but they have yet to really put anything together.
This game is a great opportunity for a talented young Thunder squad to go into Portland and steal a win. If Oklahoma City can protect the perimeter like they have done so well so far this season, they will put themselves in a great position to win the game.
- PG: Chris Paul
- SG: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
- SF: Terrance Ferguson
- PF: Danilo Gallinari
- C: Steven Adams
- PG: Damian Lillard
- SG: CJ McCollum
- SF: Rodney Hood
- PF: Carmelo Anthony
- C: Hassan Whiteside
- Hamidou Diallo (hyperextended right elbow, sprain) is OUT.
- Andre Roberson (return to play management) is OUT.
- Zach Collins (dislocated left shoulder) is OUT.
- Jusuf Nurkic (fractured left leg) is OUT.
- Gary Trent Jr. (right hamstring strain) is PROBABLE.
By the Numbers
- 36.4: Percent of made threes by the Blazers (10th in the NBA)
- 34.0: Percent of made threes allowed by the Thunder (9th in the NBA)
- 80.8: Percent of made free throws by the Blazers (5th in the NBA)
- 20.5: Number of fouls per game by the Thunder (9th in the NBA)
- 16.3: Number of second chance points allowed per game by the Blazers (30th in the NBA)
- 9.4: Number of second chance points scored per game by the Thunder (29th in the NBA)
- 13.4: Number of fast break points per game by the Blazers (9th in the NBA)
- 12.3: Number of fast break points allowed per game by the Thunder (9th in the NBA)
- 49.3: Number of points in the paint allowed per game by the Blazers (21st in the NBA)
- 44.0: Number of points in the paint per game by the Thunder (24th in the NBA)
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder is 22-23 (13-10 at home, 9-13 on the road) against the Trail Blazers in the regular season and 1-4 (1-1 at home, 0-3 on the road) in the playoffs.
- Since arriving in Oklahoma City in 2008, the Thunder has won the season series against the Trail Blazers 4 times, lost it 5 times, and tied twice.
- The Thunder swept the Blazers 4-0 last year in the regular season (2-0 at home, 2-0 on the road), but OKC fell to Portland 1-4 in the playoffs (1-1 at home, 0-3 on the road).
- The Thunder is 0-1 (0-1 at home, 0-0 on the road) against the Blazers so far this season.
Be sure to follow @TheThunderGuys on Twitter and Instagram and like us on Facebook, and don’t forget to check out our latest episode of Thunder Things with the Thunder Guys on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and Stitcher.